Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Green Converse for Ogden Senior Funk

Hello Everyone,

There has been some confusion on trying to order these shoes, so I am just trying to clear it up.

You have to order the green Converse high tops from converse.com (http://www.converse.com). They are available and in stock. The sku is #1J791.

Here is a direct link to the page with the right shoe, and the right color.

Give the link a minute to load, and it will take you RIGHT to the page. We are ordering the green Chuck Taylor All Star high top shoes. There is ONLY one green. There is another "greenish" color called pine, but it is very dark and almost black.

Several things to be aware of:
1. You cannot order half sizes. You will either have to go up or down. (I went down, but if your child is a SOLID 6.5, with toes to the end of the shoe, I would go up.)

2. Converse sizing is different than traditional women's US sizing. For example, Cambre wears a size 6.5 in a US street shoe, but I had to order a woman's size 6 for her, because they do not have half sizes. This is the Converse size 4. You do not have to convert it. They have a converter on the site. Usually, I would go up a size, but I know that the 6 fits her, because I have already purchased the same shoe in the black, for Production, and she tried it on. Since most (but not all) of the dancers in Senior Funk are on Company, they will have these black shoes, or need to get them. You can easily buy these at Journeys in the mall, or just go and try them on. That way, you will know what size to get.

3. Converse shoes run big, because they are based on men's feet, not women's.

4. There is only ONE green shoe available in this style. The other "greenish" color is pine. If you are seeing a different color, you are in the wrong place.

If you have ANY other questions, please feel free to call me (but I'm not putting my phone number on the Internet!) or email me at natalie@infinitydance.com.